ASC Program Assessment Basics [pdf]
A collection of handouts and book excerpts to help with the basics of undergraduate and graduate program assessment.
The Higher Learning Commission Criteria for Accreditation and Core Components
The Criteria for Accreditation are the standards of quality by which the Commission determines whether an institution merits accreditation or reaffirmation of accreditation. They are effective for all institutions as of January 1, 2013.
- The Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U) is the leading national association concerned with the quality, vitality, and public standing of undergraduate liberal education.
- AAC&U VALUE Rubrics [pdf]
The AAC&U VALUE rubrics were developed by teams of faculty experts representing colleges and universities across the United States through a process that examined many existing campus rubrics and related documents for each learning outcome and incorporated additional feedback from faculty. The rubrics are intended for institutional-level use in evaluating and discussing student learning, not for grading. The core expectations articulated in all 15 of the VALUE rubrics can and should be translated into the language of individual campuses, disciplines, and even courses. The utility of the VALUE rubrics is to position learning at all undergraduate levels within a basic framework of expectations such that evidence of learning can by shared nationally through a common dialog and understanding of student success.
- Rubric for Writing Updated Summer 2009 [pdf]
Faculty involved in a focus group for the Second Level Writing (367) category were interested in the development and use of a common Second Level Writing course rubric.
Other University Sites
- North Carolina State University
- Pennsylvania State University
- University of Arizona
- University of Florida
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- University of Iowa
- University of Maryland
- University of Wisconsin
- Vanderbilt University
- Angelo, T.A. & Cross, K.P. (1992). Classroom assessment techniques: A handbook for college teachers (2nd ed.). San Francisco: Wiley.
- Walvoord, B.Be. (2004). Assessment clear and simple: A practical guide for institutions, departments, and general education. San Francisco: Wiley.
[pdf] - Some links on this page are to Adobe .pdf files requiring the use of Adobe Reader. If you need these files in a more accessible format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.