The Arts and Sciences Curriculum and Assessment Services support assessment practices to improve student learning through evaluation of outcomes in general education and major programs of study.
- Ensure assessment is practiced with integrity throughout the College of Arts and Science
- Facilitate improvement in the quality of the curricula and instruction based on information about student learning
Our work is guided by the vision of the university and the College of Arts and Sciences to:
- Promote excellence in teaching
- Better serve the student body
- Develop academic programs that define Ohio State as the nation's leading public land-grant university
- Provide the highest undergraduate general education curriculum for students
The work of assessment is the shared responsibility of all involved in teaching and learning. The Arts and Sciences Curriculum Committee (ASCC) has formal oversight responsibility for assessment across all academic programs within the College of Arts and Sciences.